Kempner Park - 2704 Avenue O
Garten Verein (trans: Garden Association) was a German social
club in the late 19th century. They purchased the home of Robert Mills
in 1876, and converted it into a clubhouse. Later, the club constructed
a Dancing Pavilion which is today referred to by locals as the Garten
Verein. The original structure was built in 1879, destroyed in the 1900
storm, and rebuilt. Later in 1923, Stanley Kempner purchased the property
and transferred it to the city of Galveston.
2005 by IslandofGalveston.Com Inc.
Last update for this page on April 3, 2005